cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Does developer key scoping affect rate limiting?

Jump to solution

Hi there;

Do the rate limiting rules apply the same for an access token, regardless of whether it was issued from a developer key that is scoped or not? 

Our problem is we are maxing out on the rate limit with high rates of concurrent access to Canvas API endpoints. I would like to know whether a scoped developer key offers us a potential solution, over and above the obvious choices of using multiple access tokens or increasing the rate limit?

Thanks very much!

regards, Udara

#token scoping#scopes#access tokens#developer keys

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Surveyor

Our scoped keys appear to behave the same.  We get the same sort of rate limit remaining and request cost information.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi udara.gunawardane@pearson.com , and  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Huh? What did you say?

Okay, your question is well above my pay-grade so to speak, but I can still help you by sharing it with the Canvas Developers‌ group, where there are folks who understand.

Kelley

Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Kelley;

Thanks for the prompt attention! Please go ahead and share this question with the groups you deem can answer it.

In short, I need to know whether scoping a developer key provides a way for the issued access tokens better use their rate limits.

Regards, Udara

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Kelley;

Any response from the folks at the Canvas Developers community regarding my query?

If not, whom do you suggest I reach out to for an answer.

Regards, Udara

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Our scoped keys appear to behave the same.  We get the same sort of rate limit remaining and request cost information.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you, Peter!

Yes, that's what I assumed as well, but wanted to confirm.

0 Kudos
Labels