cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Does the community edition have SCORM capability?

Jump to solution

Hi all

I am trying out the community edition, self-hosted version of Canvas. I wanted to know if I can use the SCORM capabilities in it. When I go to add apps I only see the SCORM course option which is a paid option. Is there something I am missing?

Thanks

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

I'm not aware of any at this time. However, if your SCORM files do not require grade passback to Canvas, you can:

1. Upload and unpackage the zip file in a Canvas course
  2. Reference the index.html file in an <iframe> on a page
  3. Open page and view SCORM content. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hello, harryarnold Welcome  to the Canvas Community! Because your question deals with a self-hosted Canvas instance, I've shared it with the https://community.canvaslms.com/groups/canvas-developers?sr=search&searchId=65f43408-c101-402c-a331-... group. Their replies will appear here in a unified thread, but if you'd also like to join the group, you can do so by clicking on the link to the group and selecting Join Group from the Actions dropdown that appears at the upper right of the group home page.

Highlighted

Hi Stefanie,

Thank you for pointing me to that group. I was looking for that actually. Hopefully someone there can help.

Highlighted
Instructure
Instructure

I'm not aware of any at this time. However, if your SCORM files do not require grade passback to Canvas, you can:

1. Upload and unpackage the zip file in a Canvas course
  2. Reference the index.html file in an <iframe> on a page
  3. Open page and view SCORM content. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for this. That is a very useful trick.

Unfortunately I was looking for grade passback, so I will have to go back to the drawing board.