cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Instructure
Instructure

Double Blind Marking

Jump to solution

Many UK and International Customers have a need that allows instructors to ensure there is no bias in subjective marking (grading) situations. We would like to the ability in Canvas to allow for the “blind” portion to be available in one or both of the following ways:

1. Anonymous Student: The instructor will not be able to identify which students work they are evaluating.
  2. Anonymous Markers: If there are multiple markers, evaluations made by other markers can be hidden.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Coach
Community Coach

If you're trying to hide students names while grading in speedgrader the following guide might help How do I hide student names in SpeedGrader™?

Our faculty have used this and it works pretty well as long as student's don't put their names on their papers/submissions (we have them use their student ID# instead).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi chrisw​, would this Guide address any of the things you're requesting?  How do I hide and filter students in the Gradebook?

Community Coach
Community Coach

If you're trying to hide students names while grading in speedgrader the following guide might help How do I hide student names in SpeedGrader™?

Our faculty have used this and it works pretty well as long as student's don't put their names on their papers/submissions (we have them use their student ID# instead).

View solution in original post

Instructure
Instructure

Hi kona@richland.edu​,

This request is to actually to have multiple instructors or assessors mark (grade) students submissions without knowing who the student is. It would be really cool if we were able to actually hide any previous assessments given to that student from other instructor/assessors as this would eliminate the bias from seeing the other instructors marks. 

Community Coach
Community Coach

chrisw​ - check out my reply to this posting - Re: Second Marking - does this help a little more? I know it's not perfect for completely blind marking, but it seems like if the first option was working then you could hide students names while both instructors are grading and it would accomplish what you're trying to do.

Navigator

Just making sure everyone interested in Double Blind Marking knows they may vote for my colleague lindalee@wharton.upenn.edu​'s feature idea: