cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shalfon
Community Member

Download anonymous survey responses

Jump to solution

I conducted an anonymous midterm course assessment using a Survey. I can see each individual response under "show student survey results" in the assignment page, but I have to click each result individually and go through all the menus to get back to results after each student. For a large course, this is simply hopeless.

How do I generate a report of all responses in a table or spreadsheet or a downloadable format?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @shalfon  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community, where Canvas users everywhere an exchange ideas and ask questions.  I see that you joined back in February, but this appears to be your first activity with us here.

I believe this page will help you:  How do I view survey results in a course?   And you are saying the magic words:  download and spreadsheet.  Pay particular attention to the View Student Analysis Report area of that document.  The results will download into a .csv file that you can open up in your spreadsheet.

I hope this helps, Saul!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
kblack
Community Member

Hi  @shalfon  Welcome to the worldwide Canvas Community, where Canvas users everywhere an exchange ideas and ask questions.  I see that you joined back in February, but this appears to be your first activity with us here.

I believe this page will help you:  How do I view survey results in a course?   And you are saying the magic words:  download and spreadsheet.  Pay particular attention to the View Student Analysis Report area of that document.  The results will download into a .csv file that you can open up in your spreadsheet.

I hope this helps, Saul!

View solution in original post

shalfon
Community Member

Thank you. That was just what I was looking for.

kblack
Community Member

Glad I could help, Saul!

epfox
Surveyor II

Why is the ability to access this data after the course is concluded gone? That is ridiculous! Quiz statistics and data are of utmost importance after the course is concluded. I'm conducting a self-evaluation and all my data is gone. I know there's a place I can ask Canvas for this to change, but I can't find it. Will someone point me to where I can upvote a current initiative to do this or start one of my own?