cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hli569
Community Member

Download submission file missing

Jump to solution

As a grader, when I download the compressed submission files and decompress them, I find some files are missing. For example: I can see a student has submitted 8 files from speedgrader but in the decompressed folder, I only find 6 of them. Does anybody know why?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hli569  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I'm not sure if this will apply in your case, but the following Guide ( How do I download all student submissions for an assignment?) has this statement in the blue box:

If a student has resubmitted an assignment, only the most recent submission will be included in the ZIP file.

For the student who had eight files attached, was that in a previous submission?  Was it a combined total of eight attached files from multiple re-submissions?

If you could please check on this and let Community members know, that would be helpful.  This might ultimately be a question you'll need to contact the folks at the Canvas Help Desk about because the vast majority of Community members wouldn't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @hli569  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thanks for posting your question.  I'm not sure if this will apply in your case, but the following Guide ( How do I download all student submissions for an assignment?) has this statement in the blue box:

If a student has resubmitted an assignment, only the most recent submission will be included in the ZIP file.

For the student who had eight files attached, was that in a previous submission?  Was it a combined total of eight attached files from multiple re-submissions?

If you could please check on this and let Community members know, that would be helpful.  This might ultimately be a question you'll need to contact the folks at the Canvas Help Desk about because the vast majority of Community members wouldn't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course.  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

View solution in original post