Drop box/folder

Jump to solution
gmt12
Community Novice
  1. I would like to set up a drop box or folder for students to upload papers.  I followed the directions to open grades, then the paper assignment ans hover over the dots and click download submissions.  I do not have that option.  Is there any other way to have a box or folder for the students?
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @gmt12  Welcome to the Canvas Community.  Thank you for posting your question.  Canvas does not have a Dropbox or folder system for student to submit work for you.  Rather, you create assignments within your course, and each assignment allows you to determine how you'd like students to submit...such as a file submission, a media upload, etc.  There are even options for you to tell Canvas that a given assignment will be submitted by your students "on paper".  For each graded assignment that you create, a corresponding column in your Gradebook will be created.    I would suggest that you first take a look at this short video tutorial: .  Once you have reviewed that video, there are a bunch of written Guides you can check out to dive deeper into how Assignments work.  Once you start getting student submissions, you'll do much of your grading in the SpeedGrader.  

I hope this information will be of help to you, Gina.  Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes