cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Due date change notification when date not changed

When making edits to an assignment in a "live" class, I always make sure that that "Notify users that content has changed" checkbox isn’t clicked.

Here’s a video of an assignment that I made a small edit to and what I did: http://somup.com/cYi1qfQHUu

I just got an email notification about 5 minutes after making that edit that the due date had changed, even though the video shows that I didn’t touch the due date area. I’m so confused and hope students aren’t getting them, but I’m sure they probably are if they have setting checked.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @mkeller44 ...

Have you checked your "Account" >> "Notifications" page in Canvas to see if you have a setting turned on that is alerting you of changes to this assignment?  Specifically, when you are on your "Notifications" page, look at the row called "Course Content" under the "Course Activities" heading.  If you hover your mouse over the words "Course Content", you'll see that one of the things it notifies you about is changes to Assignment content.  There is also a "Due Date" row on the "Notifiations" screen as well which you might want to look at.

I hope this will be of help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

Hello, The notification settings are correct. The issue is the fact that I would be making changes to the assignment content itself and NOT changing the due date. AFterwards, I would get a notification that the due date had changed, when it had not been edited.

Hi @mkeller44 ...

That does sound a bit strange.  Have you tried reaching out to the folks at Canvas Support to see if they have any suggestions for you?  How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?

Surveyor

Our school his disabled that feature, which is why I reached out here.