Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmather
Surveyor

Due date error message

Jump to solution

Good morning,

I am a campus Canvas Admin for a group of Community Colleges. I have an instructor trying to set a due date for an assignment and get this error message "Due date cannot be after term end".  She is trying to set the date for May 11th, I checked the section end date, which was June 1st so she should be able to add assignments. Suggestions?

Thank you for any help you can give,

Kathy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thank you all. The problem was actually because the course was a special case and built outside of the standard course dates so it was seeing the wrong end date.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @kmather 

I know it is going to sound stupid, but did you check the year? That is a frequent cause of this problem when someone is trying to update an imported assignment. You might also want to verify that the instructor has not changed her course end date, we used to have faculty who would do that for various reason. Otherwise, I can only suggest submitting a support ticket.

Kelley

Tags (1)

Thank you all. The problem was actually because the course was a special case and built outside of the standard course dates so it was seeing the wrong end date.

View solution in original post