Dumb question: how to change to admin account

Jump to solution
hayoreinders
Community Novice

Hi, I'm an individual instructor and created a Canvas account. I would like to integrate this with Microsoft Teams which requires one to have an admin account which I do not appear to have on Canvas. As there is no one else/no institutional IT how can I do this myself? If I go to 'account' and 'user settings' there are no options to upgrade my account. It says under 'ways to login': 'free for teacher login' so I suppose I'm on some sort of free plan. I don't mind paying but there is no option 🙂

I did search the forums but could not find the answer. Probably being a bit thick, so would be grateful for any help. 

1 Solution
Bobby2
Community Champion

Hi  @hayoreinders  Welcome to the Canvas Community. This new resource is super handy Microsoft Teams Meetings in Canvas and mentions:

Canvas Support is considered the account admin for Free for Teacher accounts. I'd recommend reaching out to Support for further clarification. For steps on contacting Canvas Support, check out the How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor? guide. 

Teams will be an interesting tool to add to our exciting kit. 

Best of luck and sing out if you need a hand. 

View solution in original post