cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Easy assignments to Grade

What is the easiest way to create assignments which I can grade within canvas, and will transfer easily to my canvas gradebook?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

robwodonnell@gmail.com

When you create a graded activity from anywhere in Canvas, the item (assignment, discussion, quiz) automatically populates the Canvas Gradebook. Here's an overview video that will get you started:

Once you've decided what kind of assignment or quiz or discussion you want to create for your activities, come back here if you need additional assistance! The Instructor Guide manual of Guides: Canvas‌ provides additional instructions for creating specific types of activities.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Thank you for replying. I was not talking about how the grades get in the gradebook, I was talking about what options we have when we are actually grading the assignments. For example, can we see all answers to question 4 consecutively? Is that only possible with a quiz vs. an assignment? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

robwodonnell@gmail.com

Instructors grade assignments, discussions, and quiz questions requiring manual grading through SpeedGrader: . How responses display in Speedgrader will depend on the assignment type chosen and its design, as well as whether you plan to use Old (Classic) or New Quizzes. Grades entered in Speedgrader automatically populate the Gradebook.

Feel free to provide specifics about your courses and what kind of activities you're hoping to present so our members can provide additional guidance.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

I provide a lot of assignments with multiple questions which require written responses. I was trying to figure out if it would be easier for me to post these assignments using Google Drive (where I have many of my assignments already) by embedding them in canvas, or if I should just copy and paste the google docs onto a canvas assignment. What do you think would be easier for grading purposes? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

robwodonnell@gmail.com‌, if you have documents in Google Drive already set up with assignment instructions, you could download them as PDFs and embed them to display in auto-open for inline preview mode in the assignment instructions section of a Canvas assignment; no copy-paste necessary. 

There are so many ways to configure assignments! Let's see what suggestions our members can offer.

0 Kudos
Labels