cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeanette_clayto
Surveyor

Edit page, remove embedded Google doc

Jump to solution

When editing a page, I sometimes want to remove a previously embedded Google doc and write text direct into the Canvas page instead. I have found NO WAY of removing the embedded Google doc! Do we really have to remove the whole page and create a new one, for such an apparently simple operation?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jeanette,

If you have embedded a google doc onto a page it certainly should be possible to remove it.  Although sometimes it can be a little difficulty getting your cursor in the correct spot to remove embedded items; especially if they are fairly large.  I usually page the Rich Content Editor window larger by dragging the dots icon below and to the right of the editor box.  

291632_pastedImage_1.png

With more room to work, click and put your cursor either just below or to the right of the google doc.  Then use your delete key (or backspace delete on Windows) to delete content to the left of the cursor.  With enough clicks the Google Doc should get deleted.

If that doesn't work for some reason you can always go into the Html Editor and manually delete the embed code.  It should be something that begins with <iframe> and ends with </iframe>.

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Jeanette,

If you have embedded a google doc onto a page it certainly should be possible to remove it.  Although sometimes it can be a little difficulty getting your cursor in the correct spot to remove embedded items; especially if they are fairly large.  I usually page the Rich Content Editor window larger by dragging the dots icon below and to the right of the editor box.  

291632_pastedImage_1.png

With more room to work, click and put your cursor either just below or to the right of the google doc.  Then use your delete key (or backspace delete on Windows) to delete content to the left of the cursor.  With enough clicks the Google Doc should get deleted.

If that doesn't work for some reason you can always go into the Html Editor and manually delete the embed code.  It should be something that begins with <iframe> and ends with </iframe>.

Rick

View solution in original post

Thanks Rick - I'll try this! - Jeanette

On Sat, 22 Sep 2018 at 15:40, rmurchshafer@unomaha.edu <