Edit student profile

Jump to solution
dr_raniafakhry
Community Member

Please I need to know how to edit the profile of the students .They are entering wrong emails and Canvas doesn't delete it> I search in the guide but I found buttons that are not in my application called "Admin" although I am the Admin of the course.

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi  @dr_raniafakhry  

Canvas does not include an "Admin" course-level role. Your role is likely as a "Teacher", and you can verify this by going to the People tab and looking at the role assigned to your name.......

351226_pastedImage_2.png

Admins are an account-level role, and this role is given to someone at your school or school district in a paid Canvas account. Admin-level access is required to edit user profiles, which are otherwise reserved for the users themselves.

If you are using a Free-for-Teachers (FFT) version of Canvas, your Canvas instance will not have an Admin, and you will need to contact Canvas Support to get your user's profiles edited, or request that your students accomplish this themselves.  This document will provide some basic info about FFT https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-16623-free-for-teacher-account-faq?sr=search&searchId=3b173... 

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes