Edited quizzes when student have remaining attempts

Jump to solution
victor_powell
Community Member

I searched the forum and could not find an answer for the following question.

I know if I edit a quiz (old quiz), that the edits do not affect students that have already taken the quiz. My question is, however, if students get multiple attempts at a quiz, and the quiz is modified between attempts, does that student still see the old version because they have taken the quiz, or do they see the newly modified quiz, as the modification happened before they took the quiz again.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @victor_powell ...

In my own testing, if you change the details of a quiz question between multiple attempts from students, it will show them the updated question(s)...not the original question details.  For example, I updated a question and a possible multiple answer choice, and when I logged in as a student to take the quiz again, I saw those changes reflected for the next time I took the quiz as the student.

As a side note, you could also test this in your own course if you want either by using the "Test Student" role, or another option would be to use your school's "test" environment...which is a separate Canvas environment than what you are used to logging into each day.  Here are a couple Guides for you to look through:

I hope this information will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes