Editing recurring events

Jump to solution
FosterTheMusic
Community Member

Creating a new question because a related one was marked as solved, when I don't think it was:

Is there going to be an update where we can edit or delete recurring events all at once?  For example, in my Google calendar, when I make a change to a recurring event, it asks me if I want to change it just for that meeting or for all of them.   In Canvas, however, it seems that each event needs to be edited individually once it's added to the calendar.  Since my district just changed our schedule, I need to go back and, one-by-one, edit each of the meetings that I already entered.  It's a bit of a pain and definitely not the best use of my time at the moment.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there, @FosterTheMusic ...

While I don't know if that's currently on Instruture's radar to implement, I checked existing Feature Ideas here in the Community, and I found one that might be relevant to what you are asking:

Calendar Series - Canvas Community

Do you think this Feature Idea might meet the needs of what you are asking?  If so, I would encourage you to add a comment to that Feature Idea...letting Instruture engineers know why it is important to you.  Also, you may want to "rate" the idea.  How do idea conversations work in the Canvas Commu... - Canvas Community

I know this might not directly answer your question, but I hope it has helped in some way.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care...be well.

View solution in original post