cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Editing submitted assignment documents

Previously I was able to edit submitted assignment files using the highlighter and strikeout functions.  Now I can only use the point function.  Why?  What could I possibly be doing differently?  I am in speed grader mode and the files are .docx files.

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi iam1@msstate.edu.  Have you tried in a couple of different web browsers?  Sometimes for some reason this makes a difference.  Issues with annotation tools have been noted several times in the past (see Speedgrader Tools not showing and Annotations ToolBar suddenly not appearing in SpeedGrader).  Commonly, issues arise in the following situations: 

1. Text entry is utilized
  2. Peer reviews are utilized
  3. Anonymous peer reviews are utilized  
  4. An instructor also has an observer role in the class

Might any of these situations exist for you?

If not I would consider contacting Canvas Support to get their insight or create a ticket and if you find out what is causing the issue, please post back!

All the best---

Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi iam1@msstate.edu.  We haven't heard from you in a while so I thought I would check back and see my earlier response was helpful or if you found another solution to the issue mentioned in your original post. I am going to go ahead and mark this as "assumed answered" for now, but this can be changed if needed and marking the question as assumed answered doesn't prevent continued discussion in the thread.

All the best!