cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mstrine
Community Member

Emailing students

How do you email students,  whether one or all?  

4 Replies
SkyVKing
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

kmeeusen
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mstrine ‌

Are you talking about emailing students using your school's email system, or are you talking about messaging students using the Canvas Inbox?

Canvas does not have have an email functionality (editor); however, through Canvas Notifications certain information (Notices) can be sent to a user's email account of choice.

To use the Canvas Inbox (too often mistaken for an email editor) you can learn more at:  https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10074-4152719677 

I hope this helps,

Kelley

klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mstrine ‌ ~ It's been a few weeks since you initially posted your question, and I wanted to take the opportunity to revisit it. How are things going? Were you able to successfully reach your students? Were the links that  @SkyVKing ‌ and  @kmeeusen ‌ helpful? Let the Canvas Community know if you have any further questions. Smiley Happy

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @mstrine ...

As I was looking through older posts here in the Canvas Community, I noticed that we have not heard from you since you first posted this question on August 17, 2017.  As  @klundstrum  has asked, have you had a chance to review the feedback that you've received from  @SkyVKing  and  @kmeeusen ?  They have both given you great advice here.  Since we've not heard from you for quite some time, I am going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but this won't prevent you or others from posting additional questions or comments below.  I hope that this is okay with you, Mary.  Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.