rhonwynn1
Community Member

Is it possible to send an email to ONLY the students missing a specific assignment?

0 Likes
2 Solutions
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good afternoon, @rhonwynn1 ...

Yes, you should be able to do this.  If you have New Analytics enabled in your course, you could message students who are missing an assignment submission.  Part of this Guide may help: How do I send a message to all students based on s... - Canvas Community.  Essentially, when you click on the "New Analytics" button in your course, you should see a graph on your screen where each dot represents one of your graded assignments or quizzes.  Click on the dot for the assignment in question.  A slide-out menu from the right side of your screen should appear.  You'll see an envelope icon at the top right corner of that slide-out.  Click on the "Missing" tab, and you should be able to message the students who are missing that assignment.  You can even click on the link to see which students are missing that assignment.

And...just a quick note about the "e-mail" terminology.  Canvas does not have e-mail [meaning that you cannot send/receive e-mail messages to friends/family via the Canvas Inbox because they are not enrolled in your course(s)].  They have messaging through the Canvas inbox.  But, all users (admins, instructors, students, etc.) can choose how they receive those notifications.  One of those option it to receive Canvas notifications via e-mail.  All users can configure how often they want to receive notifications.  It's entirely possible that one student may want to get notified via e-mail, but another student might choose to check all message notifications via the Canvas Inbox.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @rhonwynn1 

Besides @Chris_Hofer 's excellent suggestion, this can also be dome from the Gradebook using the "Message students who...." feature. This guide will get you there, How do I send a message to students from the Gradebook?

I hope this is helpful,

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes