Embedded Google Presentations stop updating

Jump to solution
allison_couilla
Community Novice

I'm having some issues with embedded Google Presentations.  I have running homework presentations for my classes; I just add a new slide for each class, but they can still go back and view past slides.  Once every 7-10 days or so, the students stop seeing the most recent version of the presentation.  For example, I will have added a homework slide for Oct. 13, but the students can't see past the one from Oct. 11th even though it's the same presentation.  I have to re-embed the exact same presentation that students were already viewing. 

When I look in my Drive, it says I've made multiple versions of the presentation (I've only made one); I think that Canvas might be creating alternate versions.  I'm not sure if this is related to this issue. 

This happens in linked classes as well as stand-alone courses.  I've tried embedding through both Google Apps and Google Drive in the embed tool, but both have the same problem.  

Any tips on how to keep this from happening so I'm not constantly re-embedding presentations?

1 Solution

Thank you for checking in!  I'm guessing it was something with our school system's network; they've had and worked out a lot of glitches.  It finally quit doing it, so I think it's fine now. 

View solution in original post