cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nlemus
Community Member

Embedded Images

Jump to solution

Embedded images are not showing up. What shows up is a square with a question mark. What can I do to solve the problem?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

James,

That makes sense and yes there is a way to do it.  Folders and file have different publishing options than other content in Canvas.  One option is "Only available to students with link".  This also applies to embedding images.  So what I normally do and suggest is to create a folder in your files area named Secure, or Quiz Images, set the publishing option as below, and then place any quiz images or files in it.  They will only be available to students from where you link to or embed them.

351347_pastedImage_1.png

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
rmurchshafer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Nery,

This is usually caused by using a web browser that is blocking 3rd party cookies or cross site tracking.  Safari does this automatically and tends to be the biggest problem.  If you are using Safari you can go to Preferences, Privacy and uncheck the box to Prevent cross-site tracking.  Better yet, switch to Chrome or Firefox which tend to work better with Canvas.

If you are seeing the issue with Chrome or Firefox there is a similar setting if you search for it.  It tends to not be enabled by default but may have gotten turned on.

Rick

The problem I had on my last exam was not due to a "cookie" problem. One image of three were able to be seen by 100% of the students.  It appears that it has to do with where the images are stored. It seems that if you use images that are stored in a folder on your Canvas page, the folder must be published for the images to be seen by the student.  This creates a real problem, because the students then have access to the images before the exam!   Is there a way to insert images, stored on Canvas, that are blocked from student view other than during the exam?

James,

That makes sense and yes there is a way to do it.  Folders and file have different publishing options than other content in Canvas.  One option is "Only available to students with link".  This also applies to embedding images.  So what I normally do and suggest is to create a folder in your files area named Secure, or Quiz Images, set the publishing option as below, and then place any quiz images or files in it.  They will only be available to students from where you link to or embed them.

351347_pastedImage_1.png

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Thank you! You successfully answered a question that seemed to be stumping all others! I appreciate your quick reply!

I'm joining this a bit late, but all the images I post in announcements are not displaying to my students or myself even after changing settings shown. There is nothing I can seem to do to change this. Are there are other suggestions?

Thank you. This helped.

Warm Regards,

Nery

Nery Gabriel Lemus, MFA | Director, MFA in Visual Art

Department of Art, Azusa Pacific University

901 E. Alosta Ave, Azusa, CA 91702

(626) 815-6000, Ext. 5506 | apu.edu