cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Embedded Qualtrics Evaluation Submission as Module Requirement

Jump to solution

We use Canvas Catalog as our learning management system for our public-facing continuing education program. Right now, we are using the Canvas Quiz functionality for evaluation surveys and quizzes. We set them up as requirements for module completion before the next module is accessible within a course. 

Because of increased flexibility, we would like to use Qualtrics surveys embedded into the Canvas courses for quizzes and evaluations. However, as far as I can tell, there is not a way to require that the Qualtrics survey is completed, rather only that the External URL page is viewed. Is that correct? Or is there a way to use an embedded Qualtrics survey submission as a module requirement?

Thank you!

Phoebe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Phoebe,

Without an integration between Canvas and Qualtrics I don't see how this would be possible.  The Qualtrics survey would need to somehow send information back to Canvas in order for Canvas to know it was completed and release a module requirement.

I can't find any information about an official Qualtrics/Canvas LTI integration, but I did come across this information from the University of South Florida Qualtrics Integration with Canvas - USF IT and Health IT Documentation - USF IT Documentation System .  Perhaps they build their own integration; I'm really not sure.  But from glancing at their documentation it looks like they are able to turn Qualitrics survey's into assignments as External tools and that might work for what you are looking for.  You might try contacting their IT people and see how/what they did if it's custom perhaps they would be willing to share.

Good luck,

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Phoebe,

Without an integration between Canvas and Qualtrics I don't see how this would be possible.  The Qualtrics survey would need to somehow send information back to Canvas in order for Canvas to know it was completed and release a module requirement.

I can't find any information about an official Qualtrics/Canvas LTI integration, but I did come across this information from the University of South Florida Qualtrics Integration with Canvas - USF IT and Health IT Documentation - USF IT Documentation System .  Perhaps they build their own integration; I'm really not sure.  But from glancing at their documentation it looks like they are able to turn Qualitrics survey's into assignments as External tools and that might work for what you are looking for.  You might try contacting their IT people and see how/what they did if it's custom perhaps they would be willing to share.

Good luck,

Rick

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Surveyor

Dear Phoebe,

We have just launched a Qualtrics - Canvas integration in the Eduappcenter (Edu App Center )

With this integration it is possible to embed a Qualtrics survey as an assignment, and use all the related Canvas functionalities like module requirement and gradebook (seeing whether someone submitted the assignment or not). It is also possible to automatically map data in Canvas on Qualtrics embedded data fields. More info is available on Qualtrics LTI integration with Canvas , or just reach out to me at gaston@drieam.com. Happy to discuss whether this integration can help you with your question.

Best,

Gaston