Embedded Youtube Playlists Stopped Working

Jump to solution
r2me2
Community Member

I have embedded Youtube playlist in my Canvas pages. I followed one of the suggestions/solutions found on this support site for the embed code. Here's the example of what I have:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="https://youtube.com/embed/videoseries?list=PLVz4bF8s-nw48hDH2nZ1qHFoaJeKf6jwJ" width="560" height="315" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture"></iframe>

For the last 2-3 weeks (and up to at least Monday, 4/12, everything had been working fine. I have checked numerous times on Chrome as well as on iOS mobile and everything is confirmed to work. Playlists are public and still exist.

When I checked today, all embedded Youtube playlists now show the grey color thumbnail that says, "missing video" when you try to play (see images). The code hasn't changed and I haven't made any changes since posting Monday, 4/12 and confirmed everything worked. 

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.31.37 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-14 at 11.32.42 PM.png

No students have reported issues yet, but I assume I will get a flood of messages in the coming days.

Why is this issue happening? Is it global? What can I do to fix the issue? 

Thank you,

-=Ryan=-

0 Likes
1 Solution
shughes1
Community Member

Happening in my classes as well...very frustrating!

View solution in original post

0 Likes