Embedded youtube playlist (embed code from youtube) will not play

0 Likes

Hello,

I'm an assistant principal who is trying to help out one of my teachers (and, gain some knowledge along the way to better support others down the road).

My teacher has embedded a Youtube playlist (using the embed code from Youtube (iframe code)).

When you click on the playlist (see image) in the embedded image, the playlist opens. However, when you attempt to select a different song (say song #5), the embedded video spins for a little while, and then just starts playing the first song.

This is not happening on all users accounts.

I've checked the code. It is working on some peoples' computers. On the computers that it is not working, it isn't working on ALL embedded media.

I'm wondering if this has to do with something on some peoples' computers timing out before the video can load? Can you help me?

marinim1_0-1602623265932.png

2 Comments
Naomi
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @marinim1,

That's strange that it's only happening for a couple students. Are the students who are not able to select and listen to other songs on the playlist using the most up-to-date version of their computer's operating system? Are their browsers up to date?

If you have Canvas Admin access, you can verify the browser version a student is using by pulling up their account in the Account People page. For steps, check out this how-to guide: How do I view the page views for a user in an account?. Their browser version will display in the User Agent column. For a comparison, check out this guide to view browser versions that are supported in Canvas: What are the browser and computer requirements for Canvas?

If students are still not able to select and listen to other songs on the playlist, I'd recommend reaching out to Canvas Support for further help. For steps on reporting a problem, see How do I get help with Canvas as an admin? 

Naomi

marinim1
Community Explorer

Thank you! I checked, and the students and teachers are using Chrome 85 - thank you for those resources.

I've submitted a ticket.

I appreciate your help.

Muggsie