cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Embedding Canvas Studio Videos In Assignments

Jump to solution

Hi, As an instructor I uploaded a video file in My Uploads in Canvas Studio and added comments at various points in the video. However, when I create an assignment and try to embed the video in RCE, the comments are not visible. There are no dots to indicate comment placement. I have enabled commenting for students.

I would like my students to watch the video and use the reply feature of my comment to respond to the question. Any ideas how I can do this? Thanks.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ushabbir@haqueacademy.edu.pk, greetings! I just tested this myself and as long as I made the comments on the video from the Studio area of my course (not from the global Studio area - for all courses), the comments showed up when I added the video to an assignment in that same course. If this is not what you are experiencing, then I'd contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this, click on the Help link and Report a Problem.

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

ushabbir@haqueacademy.edu.pk, greetings! I just tested this myself and as long as I made the comments on the video from the Studio area of my course (not from the global Studio area - for all courses), the comments showed up when I added the video to an assignment in that same course. If this is not what you are experiencing, then I'd contact Canvas Support to see if they can help. To do this, click on the Help link and Report a Problem.

Hope this helps! Kona

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks Kona! That worked perfectly! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there, ushabbir@haqueacademy.edu.pk...

I'll just add to what kona@richland.edu‌ stated that once you have embedded a Canvas Studio video into multiple courses, you can actually see all the comments from your students in one location (no need to log into each course).  All you need to do is to click on the "Studio" icon in the left-hand global navigation of your school's Canvas environment, select the video you embedded into multiple courses, and then above the "Details", "Comments", "Insights", and "Captions" tab, you should see a drop-down list.  This should show you each of the courses where the Studio video is embedded, and then you can see the comments from your students in this view.  More information about this can be found in this Guide: How do I manage comments for media in Canvas Studio?.  I hope this extra bit of information will be helpful to you, Uzma.

0 Kudos
Labels