Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frank_tempone
Community Member

Embedding Google Docs

Jump to solution

Hi,

I've been able to embed Google Drive documents and sheets into my Canvas pages, but not in a way that students may engage with the documents right in Canvas. How do I do this? Thank you for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @frank_tempone ​...

Have you considered using the Collaborations button within your course?  Student can connect their Google Docs/Drive account to their Canvas account, and then they can use Collaborations and Google together.  Here are some Canvas Instructor Guides for you to look at:

What are Collaborations?

How do I edit a Google Docs Collaboration?

How do I create a Google Docs Collaboration?

How do I delete a Google Doc Collaboration?

How do I start a Collaboration with a Student Group as an instructor? 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @frank_tempone ​...

Have you considered using the Collaborations button within your course?  Student can connect their Google Docs/Drive account to their Canvas account, and then they can use Collaborations and Google together.  Here are some Canvas Instructor Guides for you to look at:

What are Collaborations?

How do I edit a Google Docs Collaboration?

How do I create a Google Docs Collaboration?

How do I delete a Google Doc Collaboration?

How do I start a Collaboration with a Student Group as an instructor? 

View solution in original post

Thank you for the help. I like the way Collaborations works. I'm hunting

around to see if it's possible to use Google Sheets in Collaborations.

Frank

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 3:49 PM, chofer@morainepark.edu <

@frank_tempone ​, we can save you the search: Google Sheets is not currently available in Collaborations. The feature idea for this will be open for voting soon:

In the meantime, you'll find some ideas about embedding and sharing Google Sheets and other Google Drive types in this blog in the Instructional Designers​ designers group (and if you aren't already a member, joining is just a few clicks away): Using Google Docs for dynamic Canvas content