cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

Embedding Twitter Widget

Jump to solution

Embedding a Twitter Widget-

I have the widget embedded but it appears as a link first, so students have to click on it to see my twitter feed.  How do I set it so the feed automatically appears or constantly shows on the page without a "link" ?? See image below.282418_Screen Shot 2018-07-22 at 9.42.19 PM.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

The Twitter LTI is a very limited app; it will not display any media at all.

I've got some step-by-step instructions for saving an actual Twitter widget as an HTML file that you upload to the Files and then iframe in a Page... and the biggest snag I've seen is that people save the HTML file as a Word file or RTF file rather than as a plain text file; I've got a suggested fix for that here in Step 2 (i.e. using editpad.org, which is an online plain text editor)

Twitter4Canvas Home

I hope that helps! Let me know.

For the difference between the very limited LTI and the real Twitter widget, see the comparison here:

Twitter Tool v. Twitter Widget

comparison of Canvas Twitter tool and real Twitter widget

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello dnosbisch@wcpss.net...

Are you using the Twitter LTI app that you can install in your course (this can also be installed at the account level for your entire school)?  Edu App Center: Twitter 

Community Member

The Twitter LTI is a very limited app; it will not display any media at all.

I've got some step-by-step instructions for saving an actual Twitter widget as an HTML file that you upload to the Files and then iframe in a Page... and the biggest snag I've seen is that people save the HTML file as a Word file or RTF file rather than as a plain text file; I've got a suggested fix for that here in Step 2 (i.e. using editpad.org, which is an online plain text editor)

Twitter4Canvas Home

I hope that helps! Let me know.

For the difference between the very limited LTI and the real Twitter widget, see the comparison here:

Twitter Tool v. Twitter Widget

comparison of Canvas Twitter tool and real Twitter widget

View solution in original post

Laura,

I got it!! Thanks to you detailed instructions. Thank you very much! Very clear and helpful!

Denise Nosbisch

AP Language & Composition

English Department

Panther Creek High School

Hi dnosbisch@wcpss.net‌! I am so glad that it worked! If you run into any snags or have questions, let me know. I use Twitter primarily to find resources about writing and art (all those museums!) to share with my students. I don't use my class Twitter account much during the summer but I am excited to get back into it now that school is about to start. It's stimulating for the students, and stimulating for me too! 🙂

Surveyor

Thank you laurakgibbs for this widget which is almost working on my course page. The University of Maryland doesn't appear to have the 2 numbers needed in the HTML code to get the Twitter feed going on my summer class. I have followed the instructions carefully, 4 times. Any ideas?

Thank you.