cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Embedding a webpage to Canvas?

Hi Canvas Community, 
We are looking for solutions to embed a mediawiki page  into CanvasLMS,  and we wanted to know if anyone has found a good solution to embed an external webpage to Canvas (other than using the iframe method). 
Ideally, we want to use the JavaScript to embed mediawiki page  to CanvasLMS , but Canvas strips off JavaScript code and we have trouble finding a workaround. 
Embedding a webpage via iIframe works but unfortunately when I try to embed a page using  Iframe, it has a scroll bar and  it doesn’t adjust the height automatically, so we are looking for alternative solutions. 
Has anyone done something similar to this in the past before? 
Thank you! 
Rie
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi rie , and rie Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Have you considered using the Redirect tool to add the web page as a course navigation menu item? It works quite well.

Learn more at this Indiana University web page: Add web resources to your course navigation in Canvas

Kelley.

Highlighted

Thank you Kelley for the resources - 
We are actually looking for solution to embed web pages instead of linking out to a web page. 
That way - a student can view the content of the web page  without being taken outside of the canvas. 

Highlighted

Hi Kelly, I just wanted to say thank you to you again. We used the redirect page to add to a module instead, and it works seamlessly! It is still an iframe but it looks a lot better than the normal iframe embed code. 

I am going to see if we can generate a better-looking iframe embed code from this..

Highlighted
Surveyor

We used the redirect page to add to a module instead, and it works seamlessly! It is still an iframe but it looks a lot better than the normal iframe embed code.

Would you mind saying how you did this? I would like to try something similar.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi David,
After I created a redirect page using the Redirect Tool, I just went into module> click on the  "+" sign> and select Add External Tools > Then, select the Redirect page that I have just created.

0 Kudos
Labels