cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Embedding an Interactive Google Slide to Canvas

Is there a way to embed an interactive google slide in to Canvas where students can enter their answers? Example: Daily Math Review. I don't want to give this as a quiz but as a way for students to complete a review each day.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

Hi sheffner@augusta.k12.va.us and welcome to the Canvas Community!  I don't see any issue of embedding a Google Slide into Canvas at all.  What I am confused about is why you would want to?  What I mean is that are you looking for something to use for collaborative purposes?  I think of Google Slides more for presentation purposes, or one sided.  You'd have to allow the students to have editing rights - is that what you want?  For an assignment, I would recommend a Google Doc or maybe even use Google Assignments for submissions?  I apologize if I did not understand your request fully.  Please feel free to expand and provide more information. Otherwise, why not make a quiz type of assignment in Canvas and count it as a homework grade?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

This is a resource created by another teacher for use in Google Classroom.

I'd like to be able to use it in Canvas while keeping it an interactive

activity. I don't want students to be able to edit anything but the text

boxes. I could probably link it in Canvas but have it go to Google

Classroom for their editing purposes.

On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 6:28 PM Rebecca Penina Simon <instructure@jiveon.com>

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Learner II

If you just want to use the Google Slide, you shouldn't have a problem doing so.  I think you should just try and embed it here.  Can you try that?  Maybe you can share a screenshot of it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi!

I am interested in how to do this as well.  This was extremely important for Remote Learning last year as I created charts, guided notes and other assignments for students to complete in Google Slides.  We were allowed to use Google Classroom last year, which made it VERY Easy to assign each student a Google Slide and they could answer and fill out the the Google Slides Assignment with ease and it was very easy to see their answers and grade the assignment.  Unfortunately, we can't use Google Classroom this upcoming school year and it would be nice if Canvas would make it easy to assign and grade each students individual Google Slides that have been assigned.  It's frustrating that Canvas is not as user friendly as Google Classroom.  Everything seems difficult to do or achieve in Canvas and we are expected to adapt or create new assignments, rather than Canvas listening to teachers needs and making it easy for us to transition into using their program.  So frustrating!

0 Kudos
Labels