cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Embedding google forms - can it be done?

I've created a short survey in google form and would like to embed it into an assignment. So I created the assignment and used the plug icon in the RTE to access the google drive (which I had already integrated with Canvas - i.e., it appears on the left navigation tools). I am able to locate the form I want but when I click embed on it, I get an error message. The documentation from Canvas about google drive mentions docs, sheets, and slides, but not forms. Can this be done?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello @Dan613 ...

I do not believe that the Google Apps LTI can be used to incorporate a Google Form into your Canvas course.  However, when you are designing your form within the Google website, you should have an option to harvest the embed code for the form.  You can use this embed code to put the form on a page of content in your course.  You'd have to use the HTML view in the Rich Content Editor (RCE) to place the form wherever you want on the page.  For example, here is an example of a form that we have embedded on a Canvas page for our faculty to fill out:

GoogleForms.jpg

These webpages might be of help:

Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.