cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarmstrong
Community Member

Embedding

Anyone else have difficulty embedding a utube video into rich content editor?

Sheryl

6 Replies
dhulsey
Adventurer

Hi.  @sarmstrong ‌! For a YourTube video, you should be able to simply paste in the url, and Canvas will automatically place a player into the page for you.

What process are you using to place the YouTube video into the page?

The player icon must look like film with a arrow in it. Whatever it is it won't open or work.

Get Outlook for Android<https://aka.ms/ghei36>

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

@sarmstrong , are you following the instructions in https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-10367 If so, where is the process going awry? Or, put another way, is this something you've done successfully in the past but are only just experiencing a new issue today?

laurakgibbs
Surveyor

I've got some information here about embedding, specifically embedding playlists. Maybe that will help — the process for embedding an individual video is the same... I prefer to do the embedding myself rather than relying on the automatic insertion; I've heard it can get weird sometimes.

Notes on YouTube Playlists 

I have a CanvasLIVE later this week on YouTube playlists in fact 🙂

Amplify YouTube with Playlists 

chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello there,  @sarmstrong ‌...

I noticed that there hasn't been any new activity in this particular discussion topic for quite some time, and we've not heard back from you since your last reply on the afternoon of May 30th.  I'm hopeful that you've been able to successfully embed a YouTube video into part of your class.  However, if you are still having difficulties with this, please let us know by posting a message below.

Another option for you (which laurakgibbs‌ highlight in her blog post, Notes on YouTube Playlists) allows you to grab the embed code directly from any YouTube video (as long as that YouTube account allows embedding of the video) and then paste that code into the HTML side of the RCE in Canvas.  I've used it many times, and it works very well.  Plus, I can choose what size I would like the embedded video to show on a Canvas page...as well as choose whether or not related videos should show up after the video has finished playing or not.  (I usually don't select this because I'm never sure what YouTube videos might be suggested ... as they may not totally relate to the subject matter students should be viewing).

If you feel that one of the above responses is "Correct", you can go ahead and mark it as such.  In the meantime, because there hasn't been any new activity in this thread for quite a while, I'm going to mark your question as "Assumed Answered", but that won't prevent you or others from posting additional replies below.  I hope that's okay with you.  Looking forward to hearing from you soon, Sheryl.

Chris

Yes I am embedding but sometimes it takes a few tries. It's amazing how Canvas does it for you with the link. Thanks so much.

Sheryl Armstrong RDH, BSDH, M.ed (c)

sarmstrong@clark.edu

cell: 360-907-0717

May the floss be with you!