cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Embeded google slide links wont work

I have tried embeding slides with external links in canvas.  Before I save it, the links work fine.  Once I save the page the links will only work if you right click and open in a new page.  When you click on them it acts like it is going to load and a bar comes up at the bottom likes its processing the address but then goes away.  Is there a way to fix this?

11 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Mine did work yesterday but I changed something and tried to update it today and now it is not working.  School starts tomorrow.... 😞

Same here! It literally just stopped working today less that a couple hours ago.  Hopefully we can find some kind of solution.  If anyone finds something please post.  Sorry about you having to start school tomorrow with this issue, as if it wasn't already crazy and anxiety driven, now this too. 

Highlighted
Surveyor

I have the same thing happening.  Up until a few hours ago, all of my hyperlinks were working fine from Google slides within Canvas.  Please advise.

Thank you.

Highlighted

It was happening to me and this is what I did and it worked. Hopefully it works for you

I had to create a Bitmoji Google slide for each of the class periods that I teach and link the individual class modules to that link.

I noticed that each module has a unique "web link" that works for that individual class.  I wasn't able to "copy a course" or "import" my sandbox course to the other classes just because it contained the same content.

Each module link is created for that corresponding class.

I hope I wasn't confusing..

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

This is happening to me, too. When i look at the HTML code there is a sandbox code in there that won't go away. I keep deleting, saving, adjusting so that it allows all top. I even converted my google slides to microsoft online embedded codes and still sandbox keeps appearing and blocking the code. I'm freaking out - our whole school goes live with this on Monday for our online learning.

Highlighted
Surveyor

Okay today I started to have the same issue. It was all fine until maybe a couple of hours ago. I even tried to delete and do the whole embedding process again and it still doesn't work. The only way the link works is if you right click. Hopefully we can find a solution. 

Highlighted
Surveyor II

I am having this same problem!

The weird thing is, everything still works in my unpublished sandbox course. But in my published course... nothing. Well, not nothing, at the bottom of the browser you can see the link trying to load, it just doesn't go anywhere.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

It was happening to me and this is what I did and it worked. Hopefully it works for you

I had to create a Bitmoji Google slide for each of the class periods that I teach and link the individual class modules to that link.

I noticed that each module has a unique "web link" that works for that individual class.  I wasn't able to "copy a course" or "import" my sandbox course to the other classes just because it contained the same content.

Each module link is created for that corresponding class.

I hope I wasn't confusing..

Good Luck

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Yes, the same thing is happening to me! Embedded Google Slide links were working for me last week, and now today nothing. I really hope this gets solved, ASAP!

Top Kudoed Authors
Labels