cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Embeded webpage links to canvas page stops the user from posting a replying. Any solutions how to fix this?

Jump to solution

I have created an In-design online published page will links to my course material.  When a user clicks on the link it opens a new tab and when they go to post a reply in the content it won't allow them to post.  It works fine in the Canvas App.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Very strange... this isn't something I've seen before. Which browser(s) are your students using? And is this happening without fail with every student?

It might be better to submit this as a ticket using the 'Help' button in your global navigation bar within Canvas. That way a support tech can actually take a peek at your instance to see if something funky is happening behind the scenes. I could be wrong but this doesn't seem like something you've set up incorrectly. It seems more like a glitch. Sorry I can't be of more help!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

This is a tough one without being able to poke into your discussion settings. Do you know more details about the specific error that your users are encountering? Can they see the discussion but just not post, or are they blocked from getting into the discussion entirely? Are they getting an error message or are the reply boxes just greyed out? Also, is your course set to public visibility so anyone can see the course without needing to log in?

Highlighted

Thanks Andrew,

So there is no error box or message they write the message into the reply box and then go to post and the post button doesn't work.  It's frustrating for the students who spend time writing then can't post their reply.  The button isn't greyed and you can click it but nothing happens.  The course is set to private.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Very strange... this isn't something I've seen before. Which browser(s) are your students using? And is this happening without fail with every student?

It might be better to submit this as a ticket using the 'Help' button in your global navigation bar within Canvas. That way a support tech can actually take a peek at your instance to see if something funky is happening behind the scenes. I could be wrong but this doesn't seem like something you've set up incorrectly. It seems more like a glitch. Sorry I can't be of more help!

View solution in original post