Enable students to access hyperlinks created on Homepage

Jump to solution
mchen1
Community Novice

I updated my course homepage by posting To Do List, PowerPoints with hyperlinks connecting to my posted files.  All hyperlinks on my course homepage work fine, but students' access to the hyperlinks are denied.  How could I enable their hyperlinks.

I have the same design for another course of mine, all hyperlinks on Homepage worked fine.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi  @mchen1 ...

When you view your page of links to your PowerPoint files, hover your mouse over one of the links and look at the URL that displays at the bottom of your screen.  Does the Course ID number (ex: https://SchoolName.instructure.com/courses/12345/...) match the same number that you see displayed at the top of your screen in your browser's address bar?  If both of those numbers are different, then that tells me you may have copied links from another course and pasted them into another course.  This is will not work for your students because they do not have access to that other course (they are not enrolled), so that would be a possible reason why they would see some kind of "access denied" message.

If the two Course ID numbers do match, however, then that might be another issue...one that Canvas Support might be able to better assist with...only because most people here in the Community don't have access to your school's Canvas environment or your course(s) in question.  How to contact Canvas Support

I hope this information will be of help to you, May.  Please let Community members know if we can be of further assistance.

View solution in original post

0 Likes