Did you mean: 
samson_chung
Surveyor

Enrollment API... 404?

Jump to solution

Hi all,

I was looking at this api call here.

Enrollments - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation 

I am getting a 404 on POST but if I switch it over to GET, it works...

Anyone experienced similar problems?

Thanks in advance,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
samson_chung
Surveyor

Problem solved, it was one of the parameters I have inputted. It is the wrong sis id type....

View solution in original post

6 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello  @samson_chung ...

Thanks for posting your question.  I'm not sure of an answer for you, but I wanted to let you know that I have shared your question with the Canvas Developers‌ group here in the Community in hopes that your question will get some additional exposure.  If you aren't following this group, please click on the link I've provided, and you'll see two buttons at the top right corner of the screen: "Follow" and "Actions" >> "Join group".  Click on both of them.  I hope this will be of help to you...good luck!

bbennett2
Navigator II

Were you using a script? A specific API library? Or just working with cURL or Postman? A little more context would help diagnose the issue. 

I was in Postman, attempting to test out the endpoint for adding an enrollment into a course before adding it to my program.

Can you share your full request? I know it isn't helpful to hear, but I was able to test that endpoint with both required parameters in a query and as a JSON payload.

This is from our beta environment.

https://uoit.beta.instructure.com/api/v1/courses/sis_course_id:samson.chung-sb/enrollments

In postman, I have the Bearer token set properly, I was able to create that course via the course creation endpoint.

the parameters were added into the body as form-data, with the two required fields.

The problem is, I kept on getting 404 error not found.

I've tried the actual pk of the course in the URL, it is still not found.

I just find that so weird..... its as if the endpoint is not there for my system...... However, if I switch the system to GET, it works perfectly fine....

samson_chung
Surveyor

Problem solved, it was one of the parameters I have inputted. It is the wrong sis id type....

View solution in original post