Enter Student Grades by Hand

Jump to solution
holmant
Community Explorer

Hi All!

I have another question.  In the Fall semester, we have 108 students in the Senior Nursing course.  There will be 3 tests then a Final Exam.  My faculty member only uses BlackBoard and Canvas for the student grades.  With the COVID 19 epidemic happening, she will be doing all classes (with the exception of tests) virtually.  So, I will only have the grading part in Canvas.  Is there a way that we can hand enter the grades for the test in Canvas?  The grades will be like this:

• Test 1      23%
  • Test 2      23%
  • Test 3      23%
  • Final       30%

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

Hi Theresa ~

This is definitely possible!

From the Assignments page, create your groups. For you and the faculty member, there will be one category for each of the items tested/evaluated. How do I add an assignment group in a course?

Then, create the weights! How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups?

Now, add the assessments. From Assignments, you will need to create an assignment for each of those items, even if you don't add a lot of information or details. How do I create an assignment?

Then, in the settings section of each assignment, you will need to select the correct assignment group to make sure that the weighting is correct.

Next, go to the gradebook, and you should see all of the students listed alongside the four items you added through Assignments. You can manually enter the grades on this page, student-by-student along a column.

How do I enter and edit grades in the Gradebook?

I hope this helps! If you have any follow-up questions (or I missed something), please reply. The Canvas Community will do its best to help. Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes