cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Entering extra or minus points

How can I enter minus points (e.g. for late submissions) to the OLD grade book? I created a new "assignment" for "late penalty" points (no submission) but no matter what I enter into that column, it does not seem to change the student's grade. Same issue with an extra credit "assignment" column.

Do these assignments need to be a certain % of the grade? Be assigned a certain number of points? Either way, I would know how much might be given to any one student until the end of the course. 

I am just confused about this (if it is even possible) or, if it is not possible, any ideas for a "work around"? Should I just enter extra or deduct points from the points given for a specific graded assignment?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

I meant "I would NOT know..."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi Laura - I’m sorry that your question has gone unanswered for so long. I hope that you were able to find a solution before grades were due! As I read this, I instantly wondered about the weighting of your assignment groups. If the other categories equaled 100%, that one may have been 0%...and not influenced your scores. Many times, it’s easiest with the Old Gradebook to make the “adjustments” column a part of a pre-existing assignment group. (I also hid the column from students as I made adjustments so they didn’t receive a notification as I was making changes.)

0 Kudos
Labels