Erroneous exam score added to course after passing course. Need to contact support.

Jump to solution
IDontWantThis1
Community Member

I need to contact support. I passed an exam (80%) on Monday Dec 28. On Jan 1, an additional erroneous exam score of 1% was added to this course. I did not take an additional exam. Please remove this from my account so I can obtain my certificate. There is no way to contact support on your platform. Please help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Steven_S
Community Champion

You need to contact your instructor.  They will be able to see the previous score, and either type it over the new score or add "fudge points" to match the new score to the previous score.  Something similar happened to one of my students, and canvas support said it was due to the student using a device that saves cached pages.  They reopened the device they used previously to take the quiz, and it started to load the quiz from a cached page, but instead of opening the first question it moved onto displaying a score of zero because the quiz was now locked. 

If your instructor needs confirmation that this was due to cached pages misbehaving, that will need to come from canvas support.  In canvas you should see a main bar of icons that includes a link to your dashboard, the list of courses, and your canvas inbox, among other things.  One of the other things in that main bar of icons is a help button.  That button should open a menu that includes a list of all support options your school has access to.  In my experience chat will provide the quickest response from canvas, although you may have to watch a countdown to your turn.  If you do not see an option for chat, your instructor may need to contact support for you.  Another option in the list should be "ask your instructor a question," and it will include a drop down list of all of your courses, select the course with the quiz, and your message will go directly to the correct instructor.

View solution in original post