cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Error Message to view Files on Canvas Teacher App on iPhone and ipad

Jump to solution

I created my Canvas course on a laptop. The course contains about a dozen Word files. They were all created at the same time on the same computer. When I view my course using the Canvas Teacher app on my iPhone or iPad, I can see a few of the files. The majority of the files get an error message, "There was an error loading the file." The files are visible on the computer and they are visible on an Android device. 

Has anyone else had this issue and solved it?

Thank you,

Joyce Twing 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Kristin --

I figured it out and solved the problem myself. The Apple IOS won't display a file with the # character in the file name. The files will display in Windows and on an Android device. They won't display on an iPad or iPhone. It took some experimenting, but I finally figured it out.

Thanks for your response.

~ Joyce Twing

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Highlighted

That's really interesting! Have you submitted a ticket with Canvas? (How do I get help with Canvas as an instructor?) Canvas Support may have more insight into the issue. Sorry that I can't be of more help!

Quick question -- What do your students see? Are they able to access your files? I wonder if it's a unique issue to Canvas Teacher...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Hi Kristin --

I figured it out and solved the problem myself. The Apple IOS won't display a file with the # character in the file name. The files will display in Windows and on an Android device. They won't display on an iPad or iPhone. It took some experimenting, but I finally figured it out.

Thanks for your response.

~ Joyce Twing

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Learner II

Hi jwt01030@vsc.edu

This is actually awesome, and I am glad you shared the solution with the Community - I am sure it will be helpful for many folks!

Thank you!

Kelley

0 Kudos