cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Error launching LTI tool in page on student app

Hi 

I've got an issue where an LTI tool has been embedded into a page, but when a student accesses via the Canvas app this doesn't work. I've seen similar reported here relating to Google LTI tools in iOS, but this is affecting android users 

Have others had this issue, or am I just the lucky one? This tool is installed at subaccount level and works fine when accessed via desktop, or if the content is added via a module, but not when added via the LTI link within a page from what I can see 

The error we get is a frame saying 'page not available' and the content error states net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_RESPONSE 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

matt.east@talis.com, due to the nature of this question, I’m sharing it with the Canvas Mobile Users Group‌ and Canvas Developers‌ groups in the Community to see if they can help. 

Kona

0 Kudos
Community Coach
Community Coach

matt.east@talis.com‌,

What is the LTI? Is it something common like Google, or something homegrown? Also, are you linking to the LTI from inside your Instructure domain or outside? If you can share a screenshot or video, we can look a little deeper. Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi matt.east@talis.com‌, just checking in again to see how I can help. If you figured out your issue, let us know as well. Thanks!

Highlighted

Apologies for the delayed response.

What is it? A tool called Talis Elevate
Common or homegrown? Neither, it's a product LTI Integration but not as big as Google. I work for Talis and working with a University on implementation. This is the first time this has been flagged by an end user as an issue (end user=student)
Inside domain or outside? Outside. Elevate is SaaS

0 Kudos
Highlighted

matt.east@talis.com‌, 

I just realized this never got answered, so I'm really sorry for the delay. I hope you found a solution by now, but if you haven't please ping me. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Labels