cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Surveyor

Essay Questions in Quiz in iPad App

I can't find this anywhere else, despite several keyword searches, so I'll just get to it.  Whenever my students are taking quizzes in Canvas using the app on their iPads, every character causes the box to get longer and longer causing them to have to scroll on and on to access previous questions or future questions.  This isn't a huge deal, but it can be a bit of a pain.  Any ideas?

4 Replies
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello heathervanotterloo@joplinschools.org​...

I created a quiz (which had 10 essay questions) in my own sandbox course, and then I enrolled myself as a student.  Then, I logged into the Canvas app on my iPad 2 (yes, it's an older iPad), and I tried taking the quiz.  I did not experience any boxes getting longer and longer like you describe.  Can you check a couple things:

1. Is your iPad upgraded to the newest iOS?  9.0.1 is the newest (although I was using iOS 9.0 testing this out).
  2. Are you using the latest version of the Canvas App?  Version 3.11.1 is the newest available for download.

Please let us know your findings...thanks.

Community Coach
Community Coach

I notice this as well when taking a native app using "essay question". I can see how this can be annoying to some, not to others. How many lines would be appropriate?

Community Coach
Community Coach

heathervanotterloo@joplinschools.org​, are you still experiencing this issue? If so, could you reply to Ryan's question about - "How many lines would be appropriate?" Thanks!

Community Team
Community Team

heathervanotterloo@joplinschools.org​, since we haven't heard back from you, we're going to mark this question as "Assumed Answered." The question remains open for participation, so if you still need help with this, please feel free to post a follow-up comment to "bump" the discussion.