cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayreimm
Community Member

Etudes Migration

Jump to solution

Is there an easy way to migrate my Etudes courses into Canvas? I searched the help files, but all that came up was a private group. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kshowalter
Instructure
Instructure

Hi mayreimm​,

I have invited you to the private group that is operated by  @acarbonaro ​. Amy can also be reached at the CCC Technology Center.

I would also encourage you to contact  @jordandc ​ for assistance.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hello mayreimm​...

I have never heard of Etudes before, so my response is going to be pretty generic...having no experience with that platform.  Canvas does allow you to import content from another LMS into Canvas as you can see from this Canvas Guide: How do I import a Canvas course export package?  However, I am not sure if Etudes will allow an export that would be usable inside of Canvas.  This is where you'll probably have to look at your Etudes documentation to see what is or is not available for exporting course content.  (I know that when our Technical College moved from Pearson eCollege's LearningStudio to Canvas, it was not a quick process to convert files since we were not able to use any of the importing feature described in the linked Guide.)

I also wanted to let you know that I am going to share your question with the LMS Migration group here in the Canvas Community.  If you are not a part of this group, you might want to consider following them.  Hopefully, this will get your question a little more exposure.  Finally, I am going to tag your question with some keywords which will help others search for your question more easily.

Hope this helps!

millerjm
Adventurer

mayreimm​, are you referring to Melete (AKA the Sakai Modules Tool)? 

Chris_Munzo
Adventurer

There is also a Canvas group for "California Community Colleges."  Since Etudes serves schools in CA, you'll probably find some help there.

scottdennis
Community Team
Community Team

Hey Morgan,

I thought  @acarbonaro ​ and/or kshowalter​ might be able to point you to resources regarding Etudes migration.

Thanks,

Scott

kshowalter
Instructure
Instructure

Hi mayreimm​,

I have invited you to the private group that is operated by  @acarbonaro ​. Amy can also be reached at the CCC Technology Center.

I would also encourage you to contact  @jordandc ​ for assistance.

View solution in original post

Thanks, Kurt!

helfco
Learner

Here's a video I made that shows the process of using the Etudes migration tool in Canvas.

Etudes to Canvas Migration Tool - YouTube

Stefanie
Community Team
Community Team

Anyone who's ever worked in Sakai might be interested in participating in the upcoming CanvasLIVE​ event Sakai Users Roundtable on Wednesday, January 18, 2017. RSVP “yes” if you will be there--and if you’re interested, but your schedule doesn’t allow you to attend in real time, RSVP "no" or "maybe" to receive all event updates. Your RSVP ensures that you will receive a notification should the event be cancelled or changed.