cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smaack
Community Member

Events not showing on calendar anymore

Jump to solution

I cannot see certain course information on my calendar information on the Student app anymore. I didn't change anything and all of a sudden I don't see events and assignments from one of my classes on the calendar. I don't know where to look to see what happened. But, like I said, I didn't change anything and about 3 weeks ago one of my classes disappeared from my calendar (and only in the app, the desktop version is fine). I reset my cache, the only thing I haven't done is deleted the app and reinstalled it. I am running iOS 12.1 with Canvas version 6.4.2

Tags (2)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ysmalls
Adventurer III

Hi  @4maacks ‌,

I have not had this issue reported to me and I'm not able to replicate and I'm on the same version app as you, I would suggest submitting a ticket for this issue.

Have a great day.

View solution in original post

smaack
Community Member

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app didn't help. I finally unstarred the course from the dashboard, starred it again and it now works. 

fcht
Community Member

I have the same problem but I found the reason. Why events don't show up in students' calendars? When you create an assignment for the X class, it automatically assigned to the X class, so students in that course can see the assignment. Now, when you create an event, Canvas automatically assigns the event to YOUR calendar, not the X calendar. All you need to do is click the event and then edit. From the Calendar tab scroll down until you find the class you need the even to be posted and seen, in my example scroll to the X class, and voila, is available now for students.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ysmalls
Adventurer III

Hi  @4maacks ‌,

I have not had this issue reported to me and I'm not able to replicate and I'm on the same version app as you, I would suggest submitting a ticket for this issue.

Have a great day.

smaack
Community Member

Uninstalling and reinstalling the app didn't help. I finally unstarred the course from the dashboard, starred it again and it now works. 

Thank you. I tried everything to fix this problem a d it did not work.  He king and unchecking the box worked!!!

narmstrong
Instructure
Instructure

Hi  @smaack ‌,

Thanks for reporting this issue. I was able to reproduce it and we are working on it now. It should be fixed in the next release.

Thanks,

Nate

iOS Team Lead

fcht
Community Member

I have the same problem but I found the reason. Why events don't show up in students' calendars? When you create an assignment for the X class, it automatically assigned to the X class, so students in that course can see the assignment. Now, when you create an event, Canvas automatically assigns the event to YOUR calendar, not the X calendar. All you need to do is click the event and then edit. From the Calendar tab scroll down until you find the class you need the even to be posted and seen, in my example scroll to the X class, and voila, is available now for students.

0 Kudos