cjackson319
Community Novice

I'm not understanding why I can't access the lockdown browser and I have a exam due tonight by 12 midnight

0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Ouchie,  @cjackson319  I am so sorry your question has been sitting here unanswered long past the due date of your exam.

Here's the deal............ you have asked your question in a global community of Canvas users and we only have access to our own Canvas accounts and courses. We are not your school's Canvas support department, nor are we your teacher or even have access to your teacher. This question should have been asked of your teacher first, and the Help link in your Canvas account should have listed "Ask your instructor a question" as its first option.

I know this is not helping you with your current problem, but as an instructor myself, I always want my students to contact me first if there is a problem in my course, and I want them to ask me right away. This saves a lot of frustration and grief for the student, and helping them succeed in my courses is part of my job.

About the Respondus Lockdown Browser: Generally, there will be a link in your course, often right in the instructions for the exam, for downloading the Respondus Lockdown Browser. You only need to download the browser once on your own device. Then you access your course and the exam you need to take through that lockdown browser.

I hope this is at least a bit helpful, if late.

Kelley

View solution in original post

0 Likes