cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Surveyor

Exception when syncing blueprint

Jump to solution

A teacher in my district is syncing her content using a blueprint course, and everything is going out like it should except to one class. Prior to our district shutdown for Covid-19, she has been able to sync to all of her classes. What would cause this one class to be listed as 'an exception' now in her sync history inside the blueprint? Why will it not accept the pushed changes all of a sudden?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi harwellm@ccsjackets.org‌,

Thanks for your question! Does the exception listed in sync history include any details about what was changed? It's possible a content or date change in that one class is causing the exception.

Thanks,

Emily

Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi Emily, 

No, there are no details other than the changes didn't go to the one course...I can't tell that anything is different in the one class from the other three she teaches. I'm at a loss as to what is causing this. 

Highlighted
Community Member

Having the same issue. I have 2 courses associated with a master course and when I sync them via blueprint, one course gets all the content and the other one doesn't. There are missing videos in one. Here's the sync log. 

345438_Screen Shot 2020-04-21 at 9.12.27 am.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Member

Canvas Support has got back to me saying: 

In the sync history, you were able to see that there was an exception for the sync for the assignment titled "Life cycle of a plant - Term 2 week 2." This is because the assignment title was changed in the 02FRE201101 course to "Life cycle of a plant - week 2." That's why the sync history shows "Content changed exceptions" for that course in the sync history.

To explain, if you modify a content item in an Associated course, that item will no longer be overwritten with any synced data from the Blueprint course. In this case, because the title was changed for the assignment, it will not longer be overwritten with new data from the Blueprint sync.

You can avoid this in the future by either not modifying the content in the Associated courses (only the Blueprint course) or locking course objects from the Blueprint course, which you can learn more about in this guide. To see a bit more about managing content in the Associated courses, please see this guide.

Exception when syncing blueprint

Highlighted
Highlighted

Thank you. I think that is the issue she had. She hasn't had any issues since...or if she did she hasn't conveyed it to me. I just reached back out to her to see if she may have made the change in the course prior to syncing. 

Labels