Exclude student from taking a quiz

Jump to solution
sporter1
Community Novice

Is there a way in which to publish a quiz but exclude a student or students from having access to the quiz?  What I want to do is not let students who have not yet finished their assignment take the quiz on the assignment.  Most finish it and then are able to take the quiz but some of the unmotivated students just want to wait for the quiz.  I know I can add student by student to the quiz but when most are finished with the assignment on time, it is a pain to add so many.

1 Solution
Shar
Community Champion

Hi  @sporter1  Welcome to the Canvas Community!

Your scenario with wanting students to complete the assignment before taking the quiz sounds like the perfect opportunity to use Module Requirements! How do I add requirements to a module? 

In particular, you'll want to have the students move through the module in order so that they must submit the assignment before they take the quiz.

move through module in sequential order

If you've not used Module Requirements before, you may need to warn/teach/notify your students about what it means. You will not have to add students to the quiz one at a time or anything, leave the quiz assigned to Everyone as usual. Just make sure the quiz is after the assignment in the module.

I'm presuming that you are using Modules to organize your content. But just in case:

https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-12937-4152322062 

How do I edit a module? 

Hope the module requirements does the trick for ya,
Cheers - Shar

View solution in original post