Export Student Submissions From a Concluded Course

Jump to solution
bsanchez2
Community Explorer

I am trying to transfer students' submission from my Sandbox that I concluded because my actual course was finally created after three weeks into the semester. I was able to export the grades and didn't know about the exporting of submissions, so now the students are seeing assignments in their todo's that have already been done. I also have a late penalty on my grade book making them resubmit the assignments a nightmare of overriding the grades after being submitted. Is there a way to transfer submissions in a concluded course or is there a workaround with the missing submissions the students are seeing?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
kmeeusen
Community Champion

Hi @bsanchez2 

You cannot copy submissions from one Canvas course to another regardless of the course's status. You best bet is to open both courses, then manually transfer the grades from the assignments in your sandbox, to the students' assignments in the actual course. Alternatively, you could download the sandbox's gradebook as a CSV file, then upload that CSV file into the new course's Gradebook to upgrade the scores.

Irregardless, you will need to save the assignments and their submissions in your sandbox until your state's retention period is achieved. You can also download those submissions, see How do I download all student submissions for an assignment?

Wish I had a better answer.

Kelley

View solution in original post