cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Learner II

Exporting Quizzes.Next from Canvas Commons to other Instances

HI,

Recently I've created and published on Canvas Commons Science course for 3rd graders hoping to share it with elementary teachers. Unfortunately, I have problems exporting QN  from Canvas Commons! They are not appearing in the course. All files that I've used on the QN got exported and all other items, assignments, pages, etc., but not the QN themselves.

Is there  a solution to this problem?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
3 Replies
Highlighted
Surveyor

Hi olena.bradford@jordandistrict.org.  Are you uploading just an assignment or the entire course to Commons?  I haven't had luck sharing just an assessment to Commons but I uploaded an entire course with a sample Q.N quiz a while ago and when I import this into a course it does appear as an assignment that can be viewed, but another teacher cannot access the actual bank and edit the assessment.  In Quizzes.Next, question banks lie with the user not the course itself which has made sharing question banks and assessment more difficult.  I haven't heard any particular timeline but know that being able to share question banks with others is something that Instructure folks have said will be developed.

I hope this helps!

Highlighted
Learner II

Hi Eric,

Thank you the quick feedback!

I am uploading the whole course. It works successfully when I've exported the classes on the same instance. Then I've shared one of them on Canvas Commons, and exported the entire course. Everything got exported exept QN. I see them listed, but when I click on them to open, it brings me to the Home page insted with the note that the page is "not found".

Also, we collaborated with the teachers on Q.N, they was able to work/access with my QN after I added them as Teachers, or TA to my canvas coursses. So, we added each other to our classes, and then uploded each other QN to our own Item Banks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Surveyor

Thanks for the additional information 

0 Kudos