cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petervca
Surveyor

Extend extra submissions on assignment to individual student

Jump to solution

With a Quiz, I can extend extra submissions to individual students, from the Manage Quiz screen, but I cannot find any such way to give one student and additional submission attempt for an assignment, without changing the number of submissions for the entire class.

How do I do this?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @petervca ...

It just so happens that I helped answer a very similar question yesterday from another Community user, so I would like to point you to that thread to check out the discussion there: Is there a way to allow an additional attempt on an Assignment like with Quizzes?.

Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thank you!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
chofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Good evening, @petervca ...

It just so happens that I helped answer a very similar question yesterday from another Community user, so I would like to point you to that thread to check out the discussion there: Is there a way to allow an additional attempt on an Assignment like with Quizzes?.

Please let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thank you!  Take care, stay safe, and be well.

View solution in original post

petervca
Surveyor

Thanks. Perhaps I'll submit this as a feature idea.
Cheers.

IvoGeorgiev
Surveyor

Hello,

Here's my workaround:

1. I create a new assignment group, called Resubmissions, with 0% weight on the final grade.
  2. I make a copy of the assignment I want to extend and only select the students that I want to give an extra attempt to. I add the new assignment to the new group.
  3. I pick the resubmission deadline and send the link for the new assignment to the selected students.
  4. I keep an extra table of resubmissions. In my case, I give students the right to choose what to resubmit, up to 33.33% of the assigned work items. This gives students extra flexibility and accommodates a variety of life situations.
  5. After the deadline, I grade the resubmissions and choose what to do with the accumulated scores (e.g. max, average, w/ or w/o penalty, etc.). Of course, the policy should be communicated ahead of time.

No doubt, it's extra work for the instructor, but we have the option until the moderation feature is implemented.