cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Extend the deadline of a quiz for one student?

Jump to solution

Is it possible, in Canvas, to extend the deadline of a quiz for one student. I wonder if this would work?

After the deadline of the assignment, can I change the "Assign to" to a particular student and then change the due date?  If there is no date listed for all students, will they not have a due date?

Thank you in advance!

94147_pastedImage_1.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kelli.ritter@park.edu, here's the guide that explains how to do this: How do I assign a Quiz to an individual student or course section? Yet, if you make change it from everyone to the one student who needs an extended deadline then the rest of the students will not be able to access the quiz. What you'd need to do is click the "+ Add" link and add the extended time for the one student in the new box that comes up.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
Community Coach
Community Coach

kelli.ritter@park.edu, here's the guide that explains how to do this: How do I assign a Quiz to an individual student or course section? Yet, if you make change it from everyone to the one student who needs an extended deadline then the rest of the students will not be able to access the quiz. What you'd need to do is click the "+ Add" link and add the extended time for the one student in the new box that comes up.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Yes, this helps.  The "+Add" is perfect.  Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Member

As of the date of this writing to extend the "time per question" of a certain student I had to:

a) publish it

b) then "moderate" it

c) this provided a list of the students

d) I selected the student and there was a "grayed out" kind of box that said that the students had a minute ( actually they had two) and I typed in that the student had "x" amount of extra time per question.

jts

Highlighted
Learner II

Surely there has to be a better way!  This is a very clunky approach to what is or can be a situation faculty face every week! 

Highlighted
Spoiler
So true!  I should be able to adjust anything for a student via the "People" tab.  As it is you, have to drill down several layers to 'moderate' and then I can apparently only manually unlock the quiz.  No option for a new due date.