Extending time on New Quizzes after students have begun the test

Jump to solution
jhenderson723
Community Explorer

I have been using New quizzes in my classroom. I am very familiar with classic quizzes and their features. Such as the feature to extend a students test time WHILE they are take a test. This is when you will click on moderate, then click on the clock, and add time to the test. 

However, in new quizzes, I cannot find this feature. I am very well adept in the accommodations feature. I tried that feature with my students who had already begun the test and they did not receive extra time, probably because the accommodation was not there prior to test being given. This is necessary for specific classes where we go to lunch in the middle of class. Students start a timed test but as a teacher I am not able to pause their time, or extended it once they have logged in. 

Is this a feature that needs to be added, or does Canvas has a work around for New Quizzes

Labels (1)
1 Solution
leward
Community Contributor

Turns out, there was already a feature request for this (not sure how I missed it.).  You can vote for it here:  New Quiz Feature: Extra Time while Quiz in Progress.

View solution in original post