External Tools Assignments

Jump to solution
mervin
Community Novice

Hi

Is there a way to prevent students to repeat/resubmit a SCORM Quiz (prepared as a Storyline 360 quiz, published in LMS, uploaded as zip-file, and inserted as a graded assignment link).  

In the Canvas Doc Team (Version 58) document on "Can a student resubmit Canvas assignments?" a note states:
Note: The option to resubmit an assignment may not be available for external tool assignments.

I've not been able to find any additional info.

If I don't want my students to review or retake a SCORM Quiz - is there a way I can enforce it?

Mervin

0 Likes
1 Solution
stephen_taylor
Community Contributor

Hi  @mervin ‌

Unless the external tool itself has that function then I don't think canvas would be able to limit it for you.  However if you do only want students to have a single attempt at something you can set it up as a quiz and limit attempts in the settings, you can also add a time limit to prevent students leaving and returning to it multiple times.

If you can host the SCORM package externally somewhere you could feasibly have it as a link in a quiz stimulus and a single question on the quiz of have you completed the test.

Another alternative would be to limit the time the assignment is available to limit the opportunity for retakes, but again it's not perfect and won't necessarily stop it from happening.

Obviously this isn't the ideal answer you were looking for. But I hope it gives some ideas going forward.  For what it's worth I e stopped using SCORM packages entirely and have moved the content into canvas quizzes partly for this reason.

Stephen 

View solution in original post

0 Likes